Sunday, October 25, 2009

2nd Gen Bulbs


Sunbrite replaced my two actinics with the new 2nd Generation bulbs! I also was able to acquire some other 2nd Gen bulbs as well. I hooked them all up on September 18th. A few things about the 2nd gen bulbs: the LED portion looks the same, but the case is thicker, with the back having a silver plastic ridged cover. No longer do the bulbs flex; the structure is much sturdier. Having said this, they no longer look like T8 bulbs quite so much. The tube is also thicker, so I had to open up my brackets a bit. The pic below shows a three 1st Gen bulbs mixed with five 2nd Gen bulbs:



When I installed the two extra 1st gens for more light in the front of the tank, it gave me a total of 8 bulbs. The original six bulbs were Bright.... but adding two more makes the tank REALLY BRIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment