Sunday, October 25, 2009

Timer Pack...

I have made one more addition: I installed the Sunbrite "Timer Pack." It's a little box that has the leads hardwired into it for 8 Sunbrite bulbs. It also has separate timer functionality for each bulb. It probably weights about 8 oz at the most, and has a nice looking plastic case. The interface is a PITA... not difficult, just inconsistent, which can be somewhat frustrating. But, once set up, it is pretty sweet. I have it plugged into an "always on" outlet of my ReefKeeper 2, so it really cleans up my wiring situation.



The cool part is creating a dawn to dusk transition. I start the day with turning on an actinic 440, then a 470... I proceed by adding the 22k bulbs, one every 20 to 30 minutes, then progressing to the 16K bulbs, and finally the 12K daylights. At night, I reverse the sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment